Monday, 3 August 2026

Wow, A Mother Deer With Three Fawns


     First thing this morning, I walked out to the raspberry patch to pick some raspberries to put on our bowl of oats.  When I rounded the woodpile, I was a bit surprised to see a deer standing by the raspberries.  I had seen the deer there a couple of times before, eating the raspberries so that was not a total surprise.  As I continued to calmly walk toward the raspberries, the deer slowly walked away a bit, keeping her eyes on me, but then she just stood there watching me.

    It was then that I noticed, over by our satellite dish, there were three fawns.  I was amazed, I had never seen a deer with three fawns.  I have seen deer with two, and deer with one, but never a mother deer with three of them.  No wonder she was had been busy stuffing herself with raspberries.  

    I had forgotten my phone, so I wasn’t able to take a photo, but I wanted one, so I walked slowly back to the house and got my camcorder.  When I returned back out to the raspberries, I was happy to see the deer family still there, so I was able to take some photos.  

    Eventually, the mother deer saw that I was busy hogging the raspberry patch as I was picking them, and so she wandered over to be with her three fawns.  



Take a look at my paintings by going to:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment