Tuesday 18 December 2018

Eastern Approach to McBride


    If you want to drive to McBride, you have to use Hwy. 16, since that is McBride’s only link to the outside world.  If you are coming from the east, this is the first view you get of the village.  The photo shows the Fraser River bridge and beyond it, a couple of businesses on the frontage road.  
    While I have made this approach thousands of times.  Yesterday I was struck by the snow-covered Cariboo Mts being highlighted by the sunshine, so I had to stop and take a photo.  I zoomed in to the mountains, cutting out the sky.  This made the mountains more dramatic.  If I would have included the sky in the photo, the image would not have been as interesting.  
    It is so important to compose you photos so that you emphasize what is important to you and eliminate all that other stuff that distracts.
    
Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment