Friday 19 October 2018

Blue Mountains


    Mountains, like all things, change color depending on the light.  If you gave someone a box of crayons and asked them to draw some mountains, I wonder what their most common color choice would be.  Americans sing about their “purple mountain majesty,”  but up here in our part of the interior of British Columbia, most of the time, our mountains are blue.  I suspect a lot of that color is the humidity in the atmosphere that we have to look through when we are gazing at distant mountains, but whatever causes it, it sure has a beautiful effect.
    Because blue is one of my favorite colors, I find it pleasurable to be able to look out and see that bluish strip stretching across the view, no matter what the season.


You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment