Friday 13 April 2018

Slow Melt


    I can’t believe that we still have the winter snow on the ground.  It is slowly melting, but there is so much more to go.  This morning when Skye and I walked around the pond, on half of the trail I was walking on icy snow, and on the other half I was actually walking on grass and dirt.  The icy part of the trail is very treacherous and uneven, but luckily in the morning after nighttime freezing temperatures, we can walk on top of the snow surface beside the trail which makes for easy going.
    It is so good to be back home after spending two grueling days up in Prince George.  On Wednesday I was sitting in a dental chair for about 4 hours and then on Thursday we had a major service done on the car, so I sat in their lounge for 6 hours, with periodic walks around the block in miserable weather with Skye, who we had taken with us.  I don’t know what I would do without my iPad and a book to pass the time.
    We returned home last night exhausted, and I am happy to now be back at home on my regular schedule.


You can view my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment