Sunday 3 September 2017

Creepy Gate



    Years ago when I built the deer fence around our garden I also built this arched gateway so we could get in and out.  I thought it would be attractive to have some kind of plant growing over the archway and so planted some Virginia Creeper to do the job.
    They have struggled over the years to gain a foothold.  Once I accidentally cut a main stem while mowing, but it survived and has finally grown across the top of the structure. Hopefully now it will start to engulf the arch with foliage.
    As you can see the creeper turns a brilliant red during the fall.  It’s color inspired my painting “Creeper”.  Below is a similar image similar to the painting that I photographed this morning.


You can see my painting "Creeper" at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

1 comment: