Friday 12 May 2017

FDR-AX53, My New Camera



    I have been impatiently tracking the shipping progress of the new camcorder I had ordered online, as it made its way across Canada.  Yesterday, it finally arrived in the McBride Post Office, and once I got it home, I had to wait a bit longer for the camera’s battery to charge, but eventually I was able to head outside, camera in hand, to see what it could do.
    I use the camcorder mostly to take still photos, and I was very impressed with how sharp the pictures turned out, be they close-ups or zoom shots.
    There was a pair of Ring-necked Ducks on the pond.  I was always confused by their name, because, although they had other distinct features, I could never see that they had a ring around the neck.  When I got the photos I had taken of them into the computer, I was surprised to discover that, just like their name implied, the male did actually have a colored ring around it’s neck.  
    Here are a few examples of the photos I took with my new camera.




Check out my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment