Sunday 15 January 2017

Winter's Lack of Color



    Every time I pull into the Horseshoe Lake parking lot, I look over to the colorful information sign that is standing there (Top photo).  It is dazzling in its color.   Then I look around at the reality during the winter ( middle picture which looks like a black and white photo) and it is dazzling in it’s lack of color.    For me that is one of the hardest parts about our winter up here in the Robson Valley--everything is white or shades of gray.
    I seem to have some inward need for color, which is easy to achieve throughout most of the year, but then winter comes along and leaves me starving, because we get so many gray overcast days.  When the Sun does show itself things are better, but still the palette is pretty limited.


You can view my colorful paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment