Saturday 14 March 2015

Getting Something Off My Chest


    Every once in a while I just have to get something off of my chest.  Usually it is Lucifer our cat.  I’m not certain what the attraction is, maybe it gives her a position of power, or perhaps it is just an opportunity to steal my body heat, but whatever the cause, Lucifer likes to lie on top of me, rising and falling as I breathe.
    I am pretty a pretty tolerant person and often sacrifice my own comfort, so that Lucifer is not disturbed, but sometimes she starts making me so hot, I just have to get her off.  She never takes this personally, because next time I am laying down in bed reading, up she comes and settles back down on top of me.
    If you look carefully at the photo, you might see that Skye, our dog, is also there lying on the bed beside my feet.

View my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment