Wednesday 30 January 2013

A Foot of New Snow



For two days now, the weather report was giving us a severe snow warning, and not much happened.  Today, the warning was gone, and we got a foot (30cm) of fresh powdery snow on the ground.  The bulk of it fell last night, so when I woke up and looked outside, I knew I would not be keeping to my normal schedule today.
    So, instead of painting my square and taking our walk on the trail, I was pushing snow to clear the driveway.  It took me 2.5 hours to do it.  If you look closely at the photo, you might say, I didn’t do a very good job of it, but the tire tracks you see were made in the 3 inches of snow that fell after I finished the job.
    I wanted to get the drive shoveled, because I got a call from the Sears Outlet in McBride, that informed us that our new freezer had arrived, and I knew I was going into town to pick it up.  The freezer is now unpacked and installed in our laundry room, and I am finally getting around to doing this blog, 4.5 hours later than normal.   The pressure is off as far as needing the cold temperatures to keep all our frozen food, that I put outside, frozen. 
    I hope we don’t get any more snow because the piles beside our driveway are getting increasing high, and it is getting harder and harder to put fresh snow on top of it.  I am still pretty whacked from shoveling all the snow from the driveway, so I think I will forgo our usual afternoon walk too. 

For older blogs and to see my paintings, go to:  www.davidmarchant.ca   

No comments:

Post a Comment