Thursday, 10 September 2026

Six Months Before The Trade Center Disappeared


     Tomorrow will be the 25th Anniversary of 911, and already the news media is starting to talk about it.  In March of 2001, half year before the Trade Center vanished, my wife and I were in New York visiting friends, and as part of our trip we went up to the top of the Trade Center.  I still find it very strange to realize that up there on the top, I was standing where now, there is just air, because the building I was standing on is gone.

    I did take lots of photos of being in the Trade Center, but of course, I now can’t find them.  However, here are a few screen grabs that I took from a video of our New York Trip.  The photo below shows the plaza at the foot of the Trade Center, where you can see part of the iconic exterior of the building.  

    At the very bottom is a shot of the view from a window at the top of the Trade Center.




You can take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment