Well, it’s that time of year again. All those field mice that were happy cavorting around in the weeds of summer, are starting to think about the upcoming winter and are looking for a nice warm place to live. Unfortunately, that place is our house.
We had been starting to see some signs of mice in the house, and I was able to find one of our old mouse traps, which I baited with peanut butter, but no mouse was tempted. So yesterday, when we went into McBride for shopping, I went to the hardware store to buy a couple more mouse traps.
I couldn’t any in where I thought the mouse traps would be, so I ask the clerk where they were.
“Oh,” he said, “Since everyone was looking for mouse traps, we moved them up to this special display at the front of the aisle.” (I guess, our house is not the only one being impacted by mice.)
I bought two traps and when I got back home with them I baited them, the two I bought, and the other one I had, with a bit of a cheese slice, and spread the traps around in three different places.
This morning when I got up and checked, I was amazed at my success. I had caught three mice. I will continue to put the traps out, until I no longer catch any mice.
I hate killing the pests and used to live trap them, and release them outside so the coyotes and other predators could eat them, but presently, there are just too many in the house, and I have to be hardcore about quickly getting ride of them, before their population really explodes.
View my paintings at: davidmarchant2.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment