Sunday, 13 September 2026

Frosted Lupine

    I read the other day that the beginning of September is the meteorological beginning of autumn, and certainly that seems to be the case in BC’s Robson Valley.  The leaves on our deciduous trees are starting to show a yellowish hue, the leaves of the Boston Creepers are crimson, and yesterday we had a light frost.

    In an attempt to stay healthy, I have been making myself do four laps, jogging/walking around our pond after breakfast.  Yesterday, during my laps, I noticed that out in the open, there was frost on the Lupine leaves.  I had to stop my laps to take some photos.  

    Fortunately, so far the garden hasn’t been affected by the frost, but the cooler weather has given me some concern about my corn plants, whose ears have not yet totally matured.




You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment