Tuesday 28 November 2023

A Bit of a Coincidence


    Issac Newton said, “A body at rest, remains at rest.” or something to that affect.  That also seems to apply to this old ticket to see FDR.  I found it thirty or more years ago among some of the artifacts that belonged to my grandmother.  I took it, but it sort of disappeared among my things for more decades, then I must have happened upon it again.  I didn’t want to throw it away, because it seemed historic, but at the same time, I didn’t really know what I should do with it, so I laid it on the bookcase beside my desk, and there it sat collecting dust, for probably another decade.

    Last night I was looking for my guitar pick.  The night before, I had been at my desk, working up John Lennon’s song, “Happy Christmas” so we could do it at our jam, and playing the song to myself on the guitar using a pick was a bit too loud, so I laid the guitar pick down, I thought maybe on the bookcase.

    However, when I looked on the bookcase, the guitar pick wasn’t there, but I saw the old FDR ticket.  I studied the ticket again out of curiosity, and then noticed the date:  October 28, 1944, and was surprised at the coincidence, because October 28th was going to be the date today, 79 years ago. 

    (Of course, being old and retired, I am losing all track of time, because I now realize that it is presently November, and not October.  Oh well, the blog is already written)  

     I still don’t know what I should do with the old ticket, so I put it back where it was on the bookcase.  If someday, I suddenly get an inspiration about what I should do with the ticket, I will know where I can find it.


 You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment