Friday 7 October 2022

Digging Spuds


    Yesterday afternoon I drove out to Dunster to help dig the potatoes for the McBride Community Garden.  All the dry weather made it pretty easy digging, but the results were disappointing.  The potatoes were few and small.  The community garden has been fairly unlucky with their potato crops over the past few years.   Past crops were total failures after being flooded out by an over-flowing creek, so they moved the growing site out to Dunster.

    I’m not sure what the problem was this year, maybe it was too dry, although I had a bumper crop of potatoes in my garden this summer.

    The community garden will be selling the potatoes in a few weeks as a fundraiser. 


You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment