Sunday 4 September 2022

Reusing My Old Deck Planks


    I hate to throw things away if I think I might be able to use them for something else.  When I ripped up the old deteriorating cedar planks from my deck, I couldn’t think of anything else to use them except burn them as firewood, but then I thought I might lay them in the muddy sections of our trail that goes around the pond.  That would give them a second life until they eventually rot away.

    Some of them presently have a bit of a wobble when you step on them due to the fact that they are sitting on uneven ground, but I think they will settle as the ground under them softens.   So far Kona doesn’t like walking on the boards, choosing to walk in the weeds beside them instead, but I think she will eventually come around and see their benefit.


You can take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

    


 

No comments:

Post a Comment