Sunday 4 February 2018

Walking the Dog


    There’s nothing like a dog, to get you outside getting some exercise.  We go for a walk every afternoon, rain, snow, cold, hot, mosquitoes, or windstorm; our dog Skye demands it.  When it the time for our daily walk, and I am hesitating because I am lazy or the weather is too miserable, Skye comes up to me and daggers those big brown expectant/demanding eyes, laser-focused into mine-- there is just no backing down.  
    “Okay, Okay Skye, let’s go for a walk.”
    Yesterday afternoon it was -13C (9F) and there was a slight wind that made it feel a lot colder.  We also had a fresh dump of snow on the ground so we didn’t know how well the walk would work out, but we went out to walk down Horseshoe Lake Road.  Luckily there were some tire tracks through the snow so we didn’t have to break a trail.  The cold was biting on our face, but Skye loved the cold and ran with pure joy of being out there.
    I know it would be a whole lot harder for me to make myself get some exercise if we didn’t have Skye to push us do it.

Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment