Thursday 15 February 2018

Deeper Than Normal


    I generally tromp out into the pasture every winter to measure the snow depth.  I am not very scientific about it because I don’t measure on the same day, and although I try to measure in the same spot, when everything is just a nondescript sea of snow it’s hard to tell where the exact spot is.
    It seems that each year when I measure I usually get a depth of 26 inches (66cm).  Although the snow was late in getting to us this year, we have already gotten more than usual.  This morning when I measured, I got 33 inches (83 cm) and there is the possibility that more will come before the winter ends.
    I have been reminded of the old saying, “Be careful what you wish for, because it might come true.”  That happened earlier this winter during our snow drought.  I was wishing for snow, and boy did we get it.
    Unfortunately when we got it, my snowblower broke down and I have had to deal with the bulk of the snow by shoveling my driveway by hand.  Thankfully it cleared off overnight (-23C, -9F this morning), and the skies are clear so I won’t have to shovel the driveway today, except for tidying up a few areas I was to lazy to shovel yesterday.

You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment