Friday 8 April 2016

Clear Water


    One thing I have always loved about the water in BC is its clarity.  While living in the midwestern US, I found the ponds and rivers to be murky and when I traveled to the West or the North I was always impressed at how clear the water became.  
    My pond is always clear, although the resident muskrat sometimes clouds it up.  This spring there has been no sign of “the rat” as Joan calls it, and the water is very clear.  
    I took this photo of a water lily yesterday.  It is submerged in about 2 feet (60 cm) of water, but if you didn’t notice the reflection of the twig on the upper left you might not know it.  The water lilies are growing rapidly and some have leaves that are starting to break through the surface.

Look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment