Saturday 6 January 2024

Winter Makes A Start


    Well, half way through the season, things are finally looking like winter, after a 2 inch (5 cm) dusting of snow fell overnight, and if the predictions are right, in a few days it will brutally feel like winter, with a -34°C (-29°F) predicted for Thursday night.  While I am happy to see a token amount of snow on the ground, it will not do much to alleviate our “Snow Drought” (a word I heard for the first time a couple of days ago).

    I would certainly be willing to trade the predicted Arctic temperatures for more snow, but when it comes to weather, we have to just take what comes.  There are predictions of some snow and flurries before the cold snap arrives in force, and I certainly have my fingers cross that that will happen.  My snowblower is getting pretty lonely sitting there in my shop.  It would be nice to get enough snow that I could actually use it this winter.


You can see my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment