Monday 22 January 2024

Looking Forward to Painting a Square of Fog


    I paint.  I generally paint a 2 inch square of my painting every day.  Sometimes the squares are easy, and sometimes they are complicated and difficult.  I zoom in on the square I am going to paint and try to paint the square on my canvas to look like what I am seeing on my computer screen.

    The painting I am currently working on is called “Winter Fog”.  It shows fog laying over the river in the mountain landscape.  Over the last several days the squares I have been painting are of  frosty trees and brush. 

    Lately, every morning when I zoom into the square I am about to paint, I think, “Oh, jeez” because the image is so nebulous, and ill defined, but I bully my way through each day.  I am getting tired of trying to paint these vague and ambiguous squares and look forward to squares that are more distinct and defined . 

    The photo above shows a line of squares I have recently painted.

    I am getting close to leaving the frosty tree squares behind and proceeding to fog squares.  Once there, my squares will be so much simpler, so much easier, and so much quicker to paint.  Below is one of those fog squares that I should get to in a few days.



View my painting so far at: davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment