Wednesday 10 January 2024

Finally, Some Snow


    I was glad that we finally got some snow.  It was not a big snowfall, only about 5 inches (12 cm), but at this point in our “snow drought”, I am happy to get anything.  It was just enough snow for me to get out my snowblower and clean the driveway.  This was the first time this year I was able to use it, and it was good to see it still worked.

    Not only is the snow important for replenishing our deprived hydrology, but it will also provide a bit of insulation to the ground and the roof, because starting tomorrow, it is forecast to become brutally cold, with a frigid -38°C ( -36° F) temperature.  

    What a winter we are having.  First extremely warm and dry, and now, suddenly terribly cold.  It sure makes me nostalgic for what used to be normal.   


You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment