Wednesday 17 January 2024

Saved By A Winter Hat


    Last night at our jam, I took off my winter coat and hat, and when I was getting my guitar out of the case, someone asked, “Wow David, what did you do to your head?”

    I had forgotten all about my banged-up head and told them the story.

    A few evenings ago, during our brutal Arctic temperatures, I took a trip outside to get another load of firewood for the stove.  I had on my felt pack boots, two coats, and the thick padded hat you see in the photo above. 

    I bent down to pick up a piece of firewood that had tumbled from the stack to the ground and after grabbing it, I quickly raised up and really clobbered the top of my head on the 2 x 4, which is part of the low roof that covers my wood pile.

    I was momentarily stunned by the blow to my head, but recovering, I thought, “It was a good thing I was wearing this thick hat, otherwise, that hit would have cut my scalp.”  

    I carried the firewood back into the house and didn’t give the hit another thought until later, when I happened to catch a glimpse of my head in a mirror.  I was shocked that the blow caused so much damage, through my thick winter hat.

    Its a good thing I had that hat on, I can’t imagine how bad the wound would have been without it.



 View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a child took a Canadian Maple Leaf stamp to the top of your head. A partial print.

    ReplyDelete