Saturday 14 September 2024

Oh Jeez, Is That Kjell's Cat?


    The winter of 1991-92 was an unusually warm one.  It was so warm and had given us so little snow, that by February 27th, I was able to start riding my bike to work, much earlier than on other years.  One day as I was biking home from work, I noticed that just beyond our driveway there was what looked like,  the remains of a furry roadkill.  

    “Oh Jeez,” I thought, “I bet that was one of our neighbor Kjell’s cat.”  I biked on past our driveway so I could take the body of the poor cat off of the road and down to Kjell’s house.  

    When I got closer to the corpse, I discovered that it wasn’t Kjell’s cat, but a skunk.

    It didn’t smell much, so I carefully picked the body up and carried it over to the to the opposite side of the road and up the slope a bit, where I laid it down, so some other critter could eat it.   I turned the bike around and went home.  

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca
 

No comments:

Post a Comment