Sunday 19 March 2023

Zion National Park




     In March of 2005, we took a trip down to the US Southwest.  One of the places we stopped was Zion National Park.  I have always enjoyed dramatic geological areas, and certainly Zion is one of the most spectacular.  I find its massive dark-stained red sandstone formations a thing of beauty.  To me, they represent Earth in a beautiful, timelessness.  

    When we toured there eighteen years ago, the valley was already bumper to bumper with tourists, so I expect it is much worse now.  To bad, Nature needs solitude to really give the observer the peace and wonder that it can provide.

    Springtime Zion was full of spectacular waterfalls, as the snow on top melts and the water plummets to the valley below.  Here are two shots of one of the waterfalls that we saw.



I am currently painting an image of a tree I saw at Zion, you can see the painting by clicking 
"Current Work" at davidmarchant2.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment