Monday 27 March 2023

An Email From Bob Matchett


    I met Bob Matchett at the first jam we had and I immediately liked him.  He played the guitar and dobro at the jams, and I was extremely surprised once when we had a jam at his small house in Dunster.  During a break, he invited everyone upstairs to “see his drum set”.  I was not overly excited about seeing a drum set but I followed the others upstairs and walked through a room and was suddenly gobsmacked.  Bob had a drum set worthy of playing in a giant stadium rock show.   It completely filled the room, leaving but just a narrow space for us to walk around.  Unbeknownst to me, drumming was Bob’s real passion.

    To you it might seem rather unexceptional for me to get an email from Bob Matchett, until I tell you that Bob Matchett sadly died years ago.  The emails from “Bob Matchett” are a scam.  Before he died, some hacker must have wormed his way into Bob’s computer and stole the names of all of his contacts.  I guess we are all getting the scammy emails now. 

    I of course ignore them, but in a way I do periodically enjoy seeing Bob Matchett’s name in my “Inbox”, it makes it seem that he is still around, and it reminds me of a friend I enjoyed playing music with and still miss.  Drum away, Bob.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment