Tuesday 28 March 2023

Waste Not


    I hate wasting things.  When I look at all of the things I hoard, I fear I might be a bit too extreme in my saving, but I always think I might use them again, and we do have a lot of storage space.  

    During the winter we have to deal with a lot of ice on our sidewalk and driveway.  I buy lava grit to spread on the icy sidewalk to prevent slipping on the ice.  When the ice melts away in the spring, the grit is still there, and so I sweep it up and save it to reuse next winter.  I think I am probably the only one in the world that saves grit.  I bet everyone else just sweeps it away, but I can’t help but save it, because I know it can be used again. 

    My parents taught us kids not to waste, and that was one lesson I learned very well, maybe a bit too well.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment