Tuesday 23 February 2021

My Winter Exercise


    After yet another overnight snowfall, I was out getting my exercise shoveling my driveway.  I took the photo above, up by the road looking down my drive.  You can see that I shoveled one side of the driveway on my way up to the road, and will shovel the other side going back down toward the house.  

    Today’s shoveling was not as easy as it has been because there was a layer of slush under the 6 inches (15cm) thick snow which made each shovelful heavy, but I got it done.

    I really wouldn’t need to shovel the snow after every snowfall, because both of our vehicles have 4-wheel drive, so they could easily get up and down the driveway, but the problem is; you are never sure about tomorrow’s weather, or the next day’s,  or next week’s. and eventually the snow will get so thick you can no longer get up the driveway even with the 4-wheel drive, and by that time the snow will be almost impossible to shovel.

    Plus if you keep driving over the snow as it builds up, when Spring does arrive, your compact snow on the driveway will turn into a solid mass of ice that will cause trouble, so I shovel the snow while I can do it easily.  Below is a photo from the bottom of our driveway looking up.



 You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. Here is a great tip for slick spots...spread just a fine layer of your wood ashes out on the ground...works like magic.

    ReplyDelete