Wednesday 3 September 2014

Lens Cap


   Way back in the early 1990’s, Joan and I went on a vacation to Costa Rica.  We wanted to experience the jungle and the many plants and animals that lived there.  We spent a couple of days hiking in the Monte Verde Cloud Forest.  
    On one of our hikes, we found ourselves on a jungle trail, that ran beside a river valley.  I stopped to take a photo.   As I stood beside the barrier erected to prevent people from falling down the slope, I fumbled around trying to change lens on my camera.  I got the new lens on, but when I took the lens cap off, it dropped from my hand, and over the edge of the slope.
    I saw where it landed, it was only about 10 foot (3 m) below me on a ledge.  It didn’t seem like it would be to dangerous to retrieve it, so I climbed over the barrier, and climbed down to get it.  When I got down there and reached for the lens cap I got a surprise-- just a couple of feet (60cm) away from it sat another lens cap that someone else had dropped from exactly the same outlook.

You can see my photo-realistic paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment