Friday 3 March 2023

Disappearing Compost


    The photo shows our compost pile, topped with some newly deposited compost.  That compost that I  had just put on the compost pile will not be there long; it will quickly disappear into the gut of some hungry animal, usually a deer.   

    It is not only deer that make a habit of checking out our compost pile, other critters do too.  

    The other evening I was grilling myself a Beyond Meat Burger, when our electric grill seemed to go haywire, burning the burger.  I added the burnt burger to our kitchen compost container and later took the compost out and dumped it onto the pile.  It wasn’t a minute later that Ginger, our neighbor’s dog, showed up and walked away with the Beyond Meat Burger in his mouth.  



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment