The other day when I was in town, our neighbor Karen came up to me and told me that she couldn’t believe just how our willows were growing, after being so brutally cut off ten feet above the ground, six months ago. I know she, and all of our other neighbors had been concerned after they saw how they had been topped, leaving just the trunks of the trees.
I knew willows were amazingly resilient trees because we had had them topped once before and it didn’t take them long to grow back to their same pre-topping height. All that said, I too was surprised at just how quickly their tops were re-growing. In fact I will have to get out there and take off some of those new branches, just so the trees don’t get so out of hand again.
View my paintings at: davidmarchant2.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment