Thursday 18 July 2024

Yet Another Guitar Stand


     Back on June 26th I blogged about guitar stands.  I had opened my electric guitar case, and discovered my guitar stand was not there.  I panicked because I really liked that particular guitar stand because it folded up which allowed me to carry it in my guitar case.

    I couldn’t imagine where I could have misplaced it.  I looked around my room, and since I hadn’t remembered using my electric guitar stand for half a year, I wondered if maybe I had left it in the Legion Hall, when we used to jam there.  I borrowed the key to the Hall, looked around, but it wasn’t there.

    I figured I would just have to buy a new one and happily I found the same type of stand on Amazon.  Since my wife has Amazon Prime, I ordered it using her name.  Unfortunately when I ordered it, I accidentally clicked on the acoustic guitar stand, not the electric guitar stand that I needed.  I immediately discovered the mistake, figuring I couldn’t undo buying the acoustic stand, I just went on and ordered the electric guitar stand.

    They both arrived on the day of our jam, and when I got to the jam, and dug out the crate with all of our PA equipment, I discovered my lost guitar stand, so I now have two electric guitar stands, and one acoustic guitar stand. 

    Yesterday, my wife was excited about receiving word that something she had ordered from Amazon was waiting for her at Horseshoe Lake Ventures, where we have to go to pick up our orders.  When she got there, there were two packages from Amazon to be picked up.  

    She was surprised at the size and weight of one package, because she had ordered small items.  When she opened it, she (and I) were surprised to find an acoustic guitar stand.  I don’t know why this second acoustic guitar stand arrived, I only ordered one, and that was by accident.  I am now guitar stand rich, with two electric guitar stands, and two acoustic guitar stands.  (I also have a couple of old stands, that I never use.)

    This episode is very similar to what happened in January of 2021.  I had ordered two guitar straps from Amazon, and mysteriously ended up receiving four of them.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment