Monday 22 July 2024

Fires, Smoke, and Anxiety


    Conditions are hellish in the Robson Valley.  The Beaver Creek Fire that was 50 ha. (120 acres) in size yesterday, is now listed as being 250 ha. (620 acres) in size.  A thick blanket of smoke fills our Valley.  We can no longer see the Mountains, painting everything in an eerie hue.  The smell of smoke permeates every breath we take, and my eyes are weepy and tired, after just being up for an hour.  Our temperature yesterday was a record breaking 37°C (99°F).  These are not good times.

    Beside the Beaver Creek Fire, the radio reported that there is another fire in the Robson Valley on the Tete Jaune/Croydon Road.  That would be further away from McBride, east of Dunster.  There is a 60% chance of thunderstorms this morning, and I hope we get rain, and not lightning,  I have my fingers crossed.   There is cooler and and wetter weather beginning Wednesday, so I hope things don’t bet worse until we get there.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment