Monday 8 July 2024

A Photogenic Evening


    I have to take a break from my Goodwill blogs because on Saturday night on our way to visit friends, there were so many scenes worthy of a photo.   Even though the trip to their house was only 10 miles, I ended up taking photos both going, and on our way back home.  I have always found it interesting how some days I can find absolutely nothing to photograph, while on other days, I am constantly snapping photos.

    On the way, just down our road, we passed this horse drawn covered wagon, slowly making its way in the flats, along the Fraser River.  I don’t know anything about it, but I was surprised to see it.

    After our visit with friends, on our way home, the setting sun was glowing off of the power lines, something I have notice almost yearly at this time.  As we proceeded further down the road, we came upon a big herd of wapiti (elk) grazing on newly cut hay in the field.  When I stopped the car to take the photo, the wary herd slowly started to move away from the road.

    I make it a habit to always take my camcorder (which I use for my still photos) along with me, because you never know when you might come upon something interesting or beautiful to photograph.  I was sure happy I had it on Saturday.


View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

 


No comments:

Post a Comment