Wednesday 3 July 2024

"Evening Light" (My Latest Painting)


    A half an hour ago, I finished this painting which I am calling “Evening Light”.  It is pretty much the view we get from our house, looking down toward the pond.  Because of the way our house is situated, during the summer we can not directly see the sunsets, which happen at the far end of the Valley and are obscured by trees, but we often see the colorful clouds that result.  I have always tried to photograph the effect, but because of the contrast between the brightness of the sunset and the darkness of the trees, the photos never do the scene justice.  The photo I based this painting on, came the closest, and I took up the challenge to reproduce it with paint.

    The painting took me 68 hours to complete.  It is on a 18” x 24” canvas and is done with acrylics.  As I painted it I wasn’t sure if viewers would even be able to make out the pond, but I think despite its darkness, they can.


You can view my other paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment