Wednesday 31 August 2022



    August 8th was “National Sneak a Zucchini onto your Neighbor’s Porch Day”, and unfortunately, we missed it.   Now we are stuck with these, and several other zucchini that are still hiding under the leaves of our zucchini plants.  There is no way we will be able to use all of these zucchini. 

    I picked a large one a month ago and even though we have eaten most of it, there is still a large chunk of it in the fridge.

    This happens every year; the zucchini always get away from us.  I only really need to plant one plant, but it seems like zucchini bedding plants always come in pairs, so I bought and planted both of them.   Realistically, we would only need 1/8th of a zucchini plant to satisfy our needs.

    Some things never change.  I have a similar photo to this one that I took in 2013, it looks like I just don’t learn.  Below is the 2013 photo.


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many people they would feed? ;)
    Do you have a free food bank or something similar? Or a large family somewhere....a lot of people around here grate them up and put in recipe sized bags for zucchini year round. Large .

    ReplyDelete