Saturday 31 October 2020

Wasteful Deception


    The supplements I ordered arrived yesterday.  The order was for two bottles of the same pills.  Because I have been using the supplement for years, I knew what to expect:  the new bottles would only be half full.   Like every other time I have gotten it, it made me mad to see how the company is trying to mislead the customer by putting the pills in a big bottle that is more than twice the size of what is needed. 

    When it is sitting on the shelf, the consumer sees the big opaque bottle and assumes it is full of pills.  Companies used to fill the empty part of the bottle with cotton, so the pills wouldn’t rattle around, but now they don’t even do that, they just give you air.

    As an experiment because I had two “full” bottles, I opened them both and poured the contents of one bottle into the other to see if one bottle would hold the contents of both.  It could, and I still had room in the bottle so I added the ten or so pills I still had by my bedside, and there was still enough room to add them into the bottle too.

    What an unnecessary waste of plastic when the world is being buried in the stuff.

     



You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca
 

No comments:

Post a Comment