Saturday 24 October 2020

A Lot of Stairs Climbed


    About a month ago I discovered that my iPhone was keeping track of my physical activities.  It records how many steps I have taken and how many flights of stairs equivalent I have climbed.  I find it really interesting and helpful, and it does make me want to get more exercise, just by showing me what I have done and making me want to do more.

    Yesterday I blogged about our frazil ice problem with our water system.  Our water intake is on a nearby waterfall, so whenever we have problems, we have to hike part way up a mountain slope to fix it.  Yesterday I had to walk up to the falls two and a half times (the half happened when halfway down the slope Glen realized he had forgotten his gloves at the intake, so I walked back up to get them).

    Later in the day I was surprised when I looked at my day’s activities and saw that I had climbed the equivalent of 40 flights of stairs.

    On a normal day I do more walking (with the dog) and not so much climbing, but losing our water always takes a priority to everything else.  Luckily, we still have our water today, so we can do more dog walking.


You can take a look at my photo-realistic paintings:   davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment