Tuesday 7 June 2016

Backlit


    Some of my favorite photos are those where the subject is lit up by the sun which is behind it.   The other day when we did our walk around the pond, I happened to notice this Red-seed cluster on a Osier Dogwood (Cornus stolonifera).  I had walked passed this plant numerous times before, but this time the way the Sun was highlighting it made me notice.
    I wanted to get a photo, but didn’t really know how, since the cluster was high, and over a swampy bit of ground.  I just held my camera outstretched and over my head, looked at the camera’s foldout screen and snapped the photo.  I didn’t hold out much hope for a good photo, and because of the difficulty, I only took one shot.
    I was surprised and happy when I downloaded the jpg to my computer and saw that things were in focus and the composition was good.  Sometimes it is worth the effort to take a chance.

You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment