Wednesday 17 April 2024

Hey, it's Barb


    Yesterday, we had to do the one hour drive to Valemount to a dog groomer we know, in order to get a summer haircut for Kona.   Valemount is the nearest neighboring village to McBride, and although it is 85 km (53 miles) away, we do have friends that live there, so whenever we travel there, we always seem to run into a few.

    When we drive to Valemount, we usually take the shortcut at Tete Jaune, which enables us to go over the old Tete Jaune Bridge.  The bridge over the Fraser River is very photogenic, nestled with the Cariboo Mountains in the background.  If the weather is good, I always like to stop and take a photo.

    Yesterday when we stopped, my wife suggested that she walk out onto the bridge in order to add an accent to the scene.  She got out of the car and started walking to the bridge, and when she got on the bridge, a dog appeared advancing from the opposite side.  Then a walker appeared.

    From my distance, I couldn’t tell who the walker was until the two of them and the dog walked to me.  I was surprised to see that it was my old co-worker from Forestry; Barb.  I hadn’t seen Barb for about five years, so it was good to run into her again.  Barb, who lives in Tete Jaune, was always very outdoorsy, so I guess I shouldn’t have been that surprised to see it was her, taking a morning walk.  She explained that the dog wasn’t hers, but lived at a house she always passes on her walks, and every time she goes by, the dog joins her on the walk, thinking the walk is for him.

    One of the things I like about living in a small rural community is knowing a lot of people and running into them periodically, as you do life.





View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca 


No comments:

Post a Comment