Tuesday 23 April 2024

Flowers in the Ozalenka



    On those hikes I have taken to the Ozalenka Valley, it is not only the mountain vistas that catch my eye; it is also the many varieties of flowers that can only  be seen growing the rarified extremes of the alpine.  I don’t know the names of most of these plants, and am happy just to be able to enjoy their uniqueness and beauty.  

    I was surprised to come upon the Indian paintbrushes that grow up there.  Paintbrushes  are common enough growing down on the Robson Valley lowlands, but the ones up on the alpine have a different color.  Those in the alpine have developed a more reddish-rose color (photo below left), while the native ones growing around our property are orangish (below right).




    Below is a low growing, thick leaved plant that appears to be a variety of Violet.

 


View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment