Monday 29 April 2024

Catwalk


    Several times a day, Kona, my wife, and I walk around the pond for a little exercise.  For Kona, it is often just an excuse to run into the nearby woods and bark at deer or other critters that are in there.  Every once and a while, our cat Lucifer will join in the walk and slowly follow us as we perimeter the pond.  The photo shows Lucifer walking the planks over the pond’s outflow.

    For a while last year, I was pretty sure that Lucifer was dying.  She lost a tremendous amount of weight, was listless, and not eating.  She began urinating like crazy.  I feared it was the end.  However, my wife started really spoiling her with special food; bits of chicken, bits of cheese, broth, and other things, and Lucy perked up and sort of got back to her spunky self, although she is still very thin and still filling up her litter box twice as quickly as she did before. 

    Remembering the dire condition she was for a while makes it really gratifying to see her join us on our pond walks. 


Feel free to take a look at my paintings:   davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment