Friday 9 October 2020

Tired of It


    Have I ever mentioned on this blog just how tired I am of rain?  No?  Well then I’ll tell you now:  I am really tired of all of this rain we have been getting.  The soil is so saturated water is just sitting on the surface.  Luckily we live on a slight slope, so the puddles are just in the low areas.

    Every morning for the last couple of weeks I have been walking the trail loop after breakfast.  There are some low muddy spots where I have to splash through puddles, but this morning there were puddles where I had never seen them before.

    Most of the leaves in the woods have now dropped.  Because the surface of the trail is so irregular with a lot of tree roots, it is easy to trip or slip, so I have to spend a lot of my walk looking down to where I am stepping.  The photo shows what I have mostly been seeing on my walk through the woods.


Visit davidmarchant2.ca to see my photo-realistic paintings.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment