Tuesday 11 August 2020

Whose Been Sleeping in My Raspberries?


    Our raspberries grow in a circular shaped patch in what used to be my Angora goat paddock.  The other day I went out to check if any raspberries were ripening and noticed that there seemed to have been some animal that had made a path into the interior of the raspberry patch.  When I walked closer to have a better look, I noticed that the canes in the center of the patch had been all smashed down, like something had slept there.
    At first I thought it might have been a deer, but then it seemed more reasonable that it was a bear that had snuggled down, surrounded by tasty berries, an arm’s reach in any direction.
    I walk past the patch every day to get a sprig of spearmint for our iced tea.   I am now a bit more observant and careful when I get close to the raspberries.  I don’t want any surprises.

View my photo-realistic paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment