Friday 11 October 2024

Nick's Aurora Photos


     Like many people in North America, last night the Robson Valley was witness to an Aurora.  I knew there was a big possibility of auroras happening last night, but I was in the living room watching TV when I got a text from Ingrid, telling me one was going on.  Ingrid and I often discuss auroras while driving home from out jam.

    Once alerted, I jumped into action.  I grabbed my camera, a flashlight, put on a jacket, and headed out to the pasture to see what was happening in the sky.  We have so many trees around our place and are tucked in beside the mountain, that we never get to see a whole lot of sky.  I could make out a pinkish glow and some faint streaks.

    I texted Nick Ennis, my neighbor to tell him about the aurora, but he was way ahead of me and texted back a really spectacular shot of one over his house (photo above.)

    Inspired by Nick’s photo, I fumbled and groped in the darkness with my camcorder and phone, and tried to take shots, but what I could see of the sky, was nothing very spectacular, and the photos I took where basically just black voids.  It was a complete wipeout, but at least Nick got some spectacular shots.

   


 View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment