Friday 4 October 2024

Autumn Drive: McBride to Prince George


     Yesterday, after a couple of weeks of putting it off, I made the two and a half hour drive to Prince George to restock our supplies.    The drive can be fairly monotonous because there isn’t a whole lot to see except trees along the hilly, curvy highway.  Spotting wildlife is always a possibility, but yesterday morning, I saw nothing but a small herd of deer, just outside of McBride.

    It was foggy for the first half of the trip, and that added mood to the beautiful yellow colored leaves of the cottonwood trees that were in their prime.   I find making the drive this time of year is always frustrating, because I saw so many really beautiful potential photos, but it was usually too dangerous to park along the side of Highway 16.  I did manage find pullouts and was able to take these two shots.



Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

1 comment: