Tuesday 30 April 2024

Moving Leaves


    For a good part of last year and again this year, I have focused a lot of my time on trying to do things outside that will lessen the chance of forest fires burning down our place. Yesterday, I worked up behind the barn, trying to clear the years of accumulation of leaves that had built up there.  First, I took down an old wooden fence that might have led fire to the barn, then I started raking the leaves away from the building.

    One of the big problems I have about doing all of this clearing and cleaning, is where to put all of the debris that I am creating.  Luckily, leaves are easy, I can put the old rotting leaves onto the garden, where they will slowly add texture and nutrients to the soil.

    I carted the leaves down to the garden and spread them around.  I will try to get my old rototiller started and till the leaves under today.





 View my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment