Monday 18 March 2024

"Winter Fog" My Latest Painting


    Yesterday I completed “Winter Fog” my 71st painting.  I began painting “Winter Fog” last November and it took me 88 hours to complete.  Like all of my paintings, it is made up of individually painted squares, each subtly colored differently from its neighbors (see photo below).  In this painting is painting there are 108 squares, two inch by two inch.  It was done with acrylics on an 18 inch by 24 inch canvas.  

    The image is based on a photo I took in 2014 in the field beside the Fraser River, just below our house.  I liked the atmospheric feel of the photo and the challenge of trying to capture the scene (especially the trees in the fog) with paint.



You can view my other paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca and at davidmarchant.ca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment