Thursday 14 March 2024

Nature Seems to Think Spring is Coming



    After all of the unusual and unexpected weather we have been experiencing, I no longer know what to expect anymore.  However, it seems that nature thinks that spring is on the horizon, and is starting to show itself.  Above is a photo I took of daffodils starting to work their way through the ground beside the house, where the sun’s heat is trapped, warming the soil.  

    I also spotted a flock of Canada Geese, beside some open water of the Fraser River, so the bird migration seems to have begun.  A real surprise was hearing from a friend who has a pasture that goes down to the river, that she saw two Mountain Bluebirds.  I’m pretty sure they eat insects, and there are not any of them around that I have seen, so I am not sure what they are eating.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment