Saturday 2 December 2023

Where Is The Snow?


    Our draught continues.  I am not sure how much snow we are supposed to have by now, but certainly more than this.  The photo shows the dam of my pond.  As you can see along he left side of our trail, there is a bit of snow on the ground, but just a token amount.  I heard on the news the other day that Edmonton, Alberta, which normally gets 18 cm (7 in.) of snow in November, has gotten zero.

    There has been some snow fallen on the mountains and this week I saw several pickups hauling  snowmobiles, but we certainly need snow in the Valley, not only for future moisture, but also for insulating our water lines.  Yesterday I read a report on the winter’s long range weather forecast, and it didn’t look very positive.  Because of the El Nino that has established itself in the Pacific Ocean, the prediction is that the Interior of BC would get warmer than normal temperatures, (which I can certainly live with), but also less precipitation, which is scary, since we are in already suffering under an extreme draught. 

    Hopefully, by writing this blog and throwing my opinions out there publicly, I will be proven wrong and embarrassed. but I will happily live with that, if it means getting a lot of snow.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca


 

No comments:

Post a Comment