Saturday 30 December 2023

We Get Out Water From the Middle of a Waterfall



    When I am trying to explain our gravity-feed water system, I always say that we get our water from the middle of a waterfall.  I have many times shown photos of the upright culvert that sits in the falls and collects our water, and those shots show a bit of the falls above our culvert.

    Yesterday I hiked up to the falls to take a look at our culvert and while I was there I realized that I had never taken a photo from below, showing where our culvert is situated, so I made my way down the steep slope and took the photo above, looking up toward our intake.  Our culvert is difficult to see in the photo, so I labeled.  Also, you can’t really make out the falls above our culvert so I also labeled that.

    The photo “flattens out” the falls, so you don’t really get a sense of how steep the slope is, so I included the old photo below that is taken sideways to our culvert, to better give you an idea of the steepness of the falls.

    Our culvert sits in a very dangerous place, if one should slip and tumble down the falls, it would cause very serious injuries or death, so when we work on the culvert, I always harness up to a secured cable to prevent me from going down the falls.



View my paintings at:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment